Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Bowerstone Children and Book Cutscenes
Re: Bowerstone Children and Book Cutscenes [message #23551 is a reply to message #22824] Wed, 08 August 2007 12:21 Go to previous message
Daeymon is currently offline  Daeymon
I'm leaving this matter as unresolved unfortunatly. Mr.Gout is given he's variable during the cutscenes, whereas the childrens' variables are store in a list constant called BOY and GIRL. Now where that list variable is create is beyond me, but obviously respawned versions of an NPC lose their link to the list. So essentially the child takes no part in the cutscene.

So the only real solution is creating a whole new set of children and have them carry out the actions of the class in the cutscene then have these children dissappear at the cutscenes end. I believe this I can do. But it has two problems assoicated with it.

The first is the created children will look different to the actual children in town. Then second is the actual children will still be in the classroom during the cutscene and still frozen. And I cannot find anyway of temporarily moving the children out of the school. If that part could be figured out then changing the cutscenes may not seem so daunting. But I've looked into this and decided to give up for now. Might take a whack at it in the future. But too much looking through game files and not enough playing of the game makes me a dull boy Smile

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Help i broke my fable
Next Topic: Tutorial Videos
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 01:08:08 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01274 seconds