Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Some Information about Custom Bodyguards
Some Information about Custom Bodyguards [message #23107] Wed, 01 August 2007 19:31 Go to previous message
fledermaus is currently offline  fledermaus
My first post, Hi all.

I've been working on a Whisper bodyguard. She's working and I'll try to do a kind beta release as soon as I figure out how to make an .fmp and where to put it. But I'll talk about her later in the appropriate place if anyone is interested.

This post is about something I figured out while working on her. I haven't seen this information here or on the wiki so I thought I would post it. This may have already been discussed or proven to be unreliable/dangerous, if so I apologize for wasting your time.

What I Did:

1: created a duplicate of WHISPER_ARENA or whatever.

2: spawned her with this-
ScriptName BodyGuard;
ScriptData "_Whisper"

3: created new TEXT entries in the format-
TEXT_QST_016_BODYGUARD_Whisper_HIRED

This allows her to behave like a bodyguard (teleport, fight, charge wages, and respond to other bodyguards) but use her own audible dialogue and keep her own stats.

If anyone wants more info I'll try to help but I'm pretty much a noob at this. Also if anyone knows a good reason I shouldn't be doing this, please let me know. If this is useful information I would be very pleased; I have enjoyed the creations of the hardworking folks here and would like to give something back.

P.S. I don't post much, so I'm sorry if this looks all crappy and stuff.

[Updated on: Thu, 02 August 2007 02:42]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message