Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » A Collection of Questions
A Collection of Questions [message #26486] Tue, 11 September 2007 20:00 Go to previous message
Grog_McGee is currently offline  Grog_McGee

So I've been fiddling around with FE, generally making Fable more challenging...or at least attempting to.
(I've made Health do nothing more than aesthetically change you - and thus cost nothing. increased the cost of Physique, Guile ('cause stealing is way to easy), increased the cost of speed... Reduced the gold rewards from quests.)

However, there are other things that'd I'd like to do. Hence the following questions. (I have searched the forums and found nothing).

1. Where are item costs stored? And are they in some sort of annoying formula - like weapon damage (I know it's not that annoying, but it kinda is).

2. Where is the effect of Toughness stored? I'd like to make it merely an aesthetic thing - like I did with health.
-2a. Where is the accuracy multiplier stored?
-2b. Sorta related how does armor modify damage taken?

3. Is there a simple and quick way of removing Ages of [whatever] potions without going though every map and removing them?

4. Is CScriptDef where the boast wagers are stored? As in if I edit the values in there will that effect the actual wagered amount?

5. This one is more of a "would this be a really bad idea" question: If I reduced the renown earned from quests by say a factor of 10 would that completely mess the game up.

This one just occurred to me:
6. On the subject of quests, do they give you experience in addition to the experience that you earn when killing monsters during the quest? If so where is that reward stored (so I can kill it).

7. Could Mana Levels (Or whatever they're called) be modded to say instead of increase the length of the bar increase the recharge time (this one also just occurred to me).

Okay I think that covers everything I can currently think of, and if I don't stop soon I'm just going to come up with more questions to ask.

So, thanks everyone

Edit:
Ahhhh... sorry another question:
In SCRIPT_DEF: What do Experience Small, Medium, Large, Extra Large, Heroic do?

My Random Fable Related Stufs
Free Meshes
Fable Retool (WiP)

[Updated on: Tue, 11 September 2007 20:07]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message