Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » A Collection of Questions
Re: A Collection of Questions [message #26487 is a reply to message #26486] Tue, 11 September 2007 20:21 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Sean_s is currently offline  Sean_s
1. Where are item costs stored? And are they in some sort of annoying formula - like weapon damage (I know it's not that annoying, but it kinda is). - in the CStockItemDef (or something like that), and the only formal to it is something that will automatically be applied (higher guile, lower price, ect).

2. Where is the effect of Toughness stored? I'd like to make it merely an aesthetic thing - like I did with health. - Don't know
-2a. Where is the accuracy multiplier stored? - again, don't know
-2b. Sorta related how does armor modify damage taken? - I think the ARMOR entry's almost at the top of the list.

3. Is there a simple and quick way of removing Ages of [whatever] potions without going though every map and removing them? - Yes, kind of. Export the health potion and import it into the Ages of [whatever] so you'll just get regularly potions when you find them.

4. Is CScriptDef where the boast wagers are stored? As in if I edit the values in there will that effect the actual wagered amount? - I think that's hard coded into the EXE, could be wrong though.

5. This one is more of a "would this be a really bad idea" question: If I reduced the renown earned from quests by say a factor of 10 would that completely mess the game up. Shouldn't, it'd just make it harder to be well known (go kill a bunch of monsters to get your renown up).

This one just occurred to me:
6. On the subject of quests, do they give you experience in addition to the experience that you earn when killing monsters during the quest? If so where is that reward stored (so I can kill it). You earn the experience you get from monsters, it just shows how much you got during the quest.

7. Could Mana Levels (Or whatever they're called) be modded to say instead of increase the length of the bar increase the recharge time (this one also just occurred to me). - Again, don't know.

I answered the best I could.

New? Or looking for information? Look here before posting.
Help the community by adding this to your sig!

Assistant for Conquest
By the way, call me Searyan

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message