Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tutorials » High Res Custom tattoo (uses FE)
High Res Custom tattoo (uses FE) [message #30495] Wed, 03 October 2007 04:48 Go to previous message
Sean_s is currently offline  Sean_s
I made a mod that'll change the custom tattoo so that, instead of linking to the BMPs in \My Documents\My Games\Fable\Tattoos, they'll link to new texture entry's in the texture.big.

How to install, installing is basic modding knowledge.

How to use:

1. Open Fable Explorer.

2. In the top left part of the screen, click texture.big.

3. Scroll to the bottom of the list and you'll find 5 new texture entrys, HERO_SKIN_ARMS_MOD_CUSTOM, HERO_SKIN_BACK_MOD_CUSTOM, HERO_SKIN_FACE_MOD_CUSTOM, HERO_SKIN_LEGS_MOD_CUSTOM, and HERO_SKIN_TORSO_MOD_CUSTOM.

4. Double click on the one you want to edit, it'll open a new window.

5. Look for a button that says "Save As..." and save it somewhere you know where it'll be, in a format you want (bmp is default witch will be great for non alpha textures, but lets not get into that).

6. Open the picture with a photo editor, edit it to your liking.

7. Once you completed your tattoo and saved, go back into FE (if you closed it do steps 1-4 again).

8. Look for the button that says "Open New", a window will pop up, if your texture doesn't have alpha, leave import format as DXT1, if it does, change it to DXT3.

9. Click browse and look for your tattoo.

10. Once you selected your texture, click open on the window.

11. In the middle look for "alpha: (1)*arrows*, if your texture doesn't have alpha, click on the arrows to change it to 0, if it does, then leave it at 1.

12. Click the button "Apply Changes".

13. Go to the toolbar up top and got to the menu Actions and click "Save and run Fable". Wait a while (it takes a few seconds for textures), and once you get the "can't find splash.exe" click ok, and wait for Fable to start up.

14. Go to your nearest tattoo seller on Fable and enjoy your new high res tattoo Very Happy.

How to use .BIG tattoo cleanup:

1. Open Fable Explorer.

2. In the top left part of the screen right-click textures.big.

3. On the right-click menu, select "Merge Big".

4. Select the Tattoo Cleanup.big.

5. Unless you want to start a new tattoo (in witch case, go to step 2 in previous instructions), on the toolbar go to the menu Actions and click Save mods and install.

You now have reset the textures.

Advantages:

You can make higher resolution tattoos without the trouble of making a new tattoo card.

You can make the tattoo full alpha and it'll just paste onto the base texture.

Since we all have the custom tattoo cards on our character, you don't need to spawn anything, so don't worry about that.

Disadvantages:

This is that it will effect all profiles instead of it being custom for each one.

Nothing big, instead of the card appearing when you change the tattoo, they'll always be in the tattooist's choices.

If you reload the FMP, you'll probably get a corrupted texture, that's what the big is for (instructions on use are given)

This mod is aimed towards people who don't know how to make tattoo cards and people too lazy to make them. Enjoy Very Happy

P.S. I do not give support for how to use your picture editor or if you have trouble finding the file during the times you need to select it, you're on your own on those.

P.P.S. For some reason I was really careful on this post and gave a lot of specific instructions, so don't feel insulted if you felt like I was treating you like a noob.

P.P.P.S. I couldn't think of a good name for this, so if anyone can think of one that'll get it's use across in a summed up name, then suggest it if you would.

Edit

It seems that I made a mistake that caused the back to use the legs texture, and yet after 49 downloads, no one said anything. So, I have fixed the problem and have replaced the old FMP with the new one. I also replaced the Tattoo Cleanup.big because I heard it didn't work, removed at 48 downloads. FMP removed again after 24 downloads.

New? Or looking for information? Look here before posting.
Help the community by adding this to your sig!

Assistant for Conquest
By the way, call me Searyan

[Updated on: Sun, 24 February 2008 21:12]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message