Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Packages » New Item Pack v2  () 1 Vote
Re: NewItemPackV2 final version [message #48709 is a reply to message #48700] Tue, 20 January 2009 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Stuge wrote on Tue, 20 January 2009 09:48

Does it count as that i used freeroam when i loaded it and TRIED to install it i got it into finalalbion.wad but it said that try selectin file next time again so i deleted it.. so do i have to install this mod by moving it to finalalbion.wad now?
Deleted what? Moved what? In FreeRoam, the error "Try selecting a file next time." means that you did not select a file. You need to select the FinalAlbion.wad file when using FreeRoam.

I had EXACTLY same thing everything you said happend as well for me.. I tried taking ownership but it did not work i wonder why
Run the apps as an admin.

Ah, since i disabled my vista UAC i was able to finally load mods.. however i found fast few bugs on this mod.. i dont know is this just for me but when i wear jack of blades torso or mazes robes they dont show, another one was that if you buy all clothings from the mod trader and go into bowerstone north weapon trader and klick sell and go to headslot and move your mouse over the mod items it crashes the game.. but most annoying is that i cant see jack of blades torso or mazes robes. and btw, this is not so bad but well, also when i wear thunders torso there is small spot at characters back that shows right throught it. Nothing else..
It might be specific to this mod. There have been many complaints about that, but I didn't find these problems in the original mods. The problem is most likely the CAppearanceModifierDef. I'll take a look at it later and if I find any problems, I'll fix them, recompile the mod, send it to OldBoy for approval, then either he or I will throw it on the first post. First I want to do some research to see if anyone else with this problem can be linked to this mod, or if there's something else going on.

But well this mod is great! i dont much care about small bugs when there is such awesome weapons Smile
Appreciation is always appreciated. Smile

Sorry for posting so many in row, but i have problem probably caused by this mod.. i loaded the conquer mod but i just deleted it because i wanted back to normal fable, then i had to use back up files and even reinstall i dont know reason then i started the game and well when i reinstalled i saved my saved games and the game keeps crashing everytime i load world on my save.. the saved character has all items from this mod pack. v2 and i quess it is crashing this.. I know i know, i shouldnt install conquer when i have the another mods on the game but well now i know that and i have to solve this too.. can someone help ?
Toss your saves, the saves made when using the Conquest mods will not work without the Conquest edits.

If that doesn't work, delete the entire Fable directory, then go to where the saves are stored, there will be a folder labeled something like "My Games". Delete that (or, if you have other games, just delete the Fable sub-directory). Also check your virtual store. You're on Vista, there's a virtual store for anything you've done while not having ownership or running as admin. Not having Vista, I'm not able to tell you how to find this virtual store, so you'll have to get it yourself. Reading material. It's really a simple thing, Vista pretends to let you do whatever you want, but anything that writes to Program Files or other system-protected directories will be copied to the virtual store where the edits are written instead. After having done all of this, reinstall Fable. The thoroughness is to make sure that when you reinstall, Fable doesn't try to read any of the old, broken data/files.

Let me know if you need more help.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message