Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Development » Tools » Merging fmp's
Merging fmp's [message #31803] Sun, 14 October 2007 09:24 Go to previous message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

[edit]There's a newer build that has an interface for merging fmps now here.
It has also been cleared up what you need to run this build of fable explorer: Update your directx, have at least .net 2.0, and install the Microsoft Visual C++ SP1 Update.
Now I would recommend the shadownet build of Fable Explorer, but if you do use this build below, make sure you download the latest def.xml here and put it in the same folder as the program.

Read this post carefully.

If you don't understand it - don't use this.
I'm not gonna answer stupid questions about it.

Merging Fmp's

-> This .bat file combined with FableExplorer can merge up to 20 fmp's into a single fmp.

-> This can save time if you have made multiple mods, but want to distribute them as a single mod, or a package.

-> I used this method for NewItemPack V1 and V2 - only I did it by hand in the command line.

IMPORTANT!
As far as I know this only works with Fable Explorer with search! But take note: This version of FE doesn't work for everybody, and it's unknown why that is.

So don't go bugging me or anybody else about it!!!

Also don't post questions about it here. It either works, or it doesn't - and then you're out of luck.

How does this work

1. Put the merge.bat in your Fable Explorer folder

2. Put the mods (fmp's!) you want to merge in the Fable Explorer folder.

I'd advise to use copies of your mods instead of the original ones, cause you have to rename them.

3. Rename the fmp's to 1.fmp, 2.fmp, 3.fmp etc. to a maximum of 20.fmp

4. Make sure FableExplorer isn't running

5. Double click on the merge.bat

6. In a second or two a new fmp will be in your FableExplorer folder called output.fmp

7. This is the new fmp containing all your mods. Rename as you like.

Last Note
I advise everyone using this method, to test the new fmp several times, cause it is very likely to cause problems - as I had with NewItemPackV2.
But if it works - it probably saved you a lote of time Cool

That said; don't come here blaming me saying that 'it doesn't work' because it does work, and you have been warned about it's possible problems.

Good luck Wink

[Updated on: Mon, 23 February 2009 01:15]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Fable Window Mode Hook
Next Topic: Fable Application Suite Installer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 03:24:38 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01532 seconds