Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Requests » I'm not really sure but....
Re: I'm not really sure but.... [message #32345 is a reply to message #32343] Fri, 19 October 2007 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Grog_McGee is currently offline  Grog_McGee

Alright, 3d work isn't particularly simple. It takes practice. As for tutorials ... well CGSociety is an excellent resource (note that asking questions there will get you answers; however, since it's primarily frequented by people who actually do that work for a living it can be slow and will completely ignore questions that are badly written).

Tutorials for 3d that start at the very very very basics are hard to find since most that do use this kind of software have been to or are in school for it (though there are many self taught), and to that end don't see much use in writing the basics out. The Max manual will likely have some tutorials in it so I'd look there. If you're really stuck I can send you a few pages from the Maya manual that will be translatable assuming you can find the tools (Maya and Max will not have the same menu layout).

The best advice I can give you though is jump-in and make stuff - anything. The very first thing I ever made was a balloon. Also 3d work is not simple nor is it particularly easy, it takes a lot of time to learn, patience is key.

My Random Fable Related Stufs
Free Meshes
Fable Retool (WiP)

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: All Quests Finished????