Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Level Scripting » trouble spawning chests
Re: trouble spawning chests [message #38589 is a reply to message #38586] Sun, 02 March 2008 15:51 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Riddick wrote on Sun, 02 March 2008 11:53

"Fable The Lost Chapters has stopped working"
Very informative error report you got there. Did you happen to catch other things, such as when/where? It could be any number of things causing that to happen. I know you answer these questions later, but if you had answered them then I could have helped you then.
Riddick wrote on Sun, 02 March 2008 12:19

Satan wrote on Sun, 02 March 2008 09:51

driftking7050 wrote on Sun, 02 March 2008 17:41

you're missing the o in object on legendary cutlass
It seems to have been added to OOBJECT_SHARPENING_AUGMENTATION";
ok, fixed that as well and still crashes with same message.

edit: also edited usert.ini so that it read UseCompiledWorldFiles FALSE now it just crashes when i try to leave the guild.

I'm guessing you mean userst.ini. I'd recommend putting that back unless you intend to connect regions. The chest typo isn't a big deal unless you forget/misplace a semicolon, any of the quotation marks, or number it incorrectly. If Fable doesn't recognize the OBJECT name, it is skipped, but it doesn't crash.

I'd also check that Z coordinate. 26.5.0 isn't going to work. I wrote that guide to help people figure out how to make chests on their own, not for people to rip off my script and screw it up.
Riddick wrote on Sun, 02 March 2008 17:16

ok, since for watever reason creating chests wasn't working, i decided to try and hijack one from a place i havn'e been to yet. i decided to use darkwood_4 since it was part of my next quest. i tried it twice, and both times the game crashed as i was entering darkwood. the first time all i changed where the item contents, the secontime i also altered the UID.
Hijacking an existing chest is among the easiest things to do. I can only imagine that you dropped a quotation mark, semicolon, ContainerContents line (so that the numbers are out of order), or some other user error.

Fable is very touchy about its TNGs. Any little error and Fable cries and dies.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message