Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Level Scripting » trouble spawning chests
Re: trouble spawning chests [message #38595 is a reply to message #38593] Sun, 02 March 2008 16:16 Go to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Riddick wrote on Sun, 02 March 2008 18:05

there was no other information about the crash, thats all it said. as for "rippin off your script" i'm only using it to make sure i know what i'm doing before trying to put one some where else in the game.(though i have noticed that the "y" cordinant is wrong. it should be lower because you would want to move it west, not east. if you move it east to 124 like your script sais, you'll be putting it behind the guild doors) i'll recheck the quoats/semicolons/numbering.
You can move it east if you want, my coordinates only move it a tad to the west, and the chest would end up right in front of the Guild Doors, which is exactly where it is intended to be so that people don't go on about how they can't find it after following my guide.

And I told you to check out the Z coordinate of the first chest, the numbers/quotes were fine in that, it just had a borked Z coordinate because someone messed up copy/paste making 26.5.0 instead of 26.5 which would explain the crashing.

As for your poorly hijacked chests (it's not just one since you changed the UID), you may need to make a new profile if your crap chest is in the save game causing it to respawn each time you go there, leading to a crash each time you go there. That's an unlikely scenario though.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message