Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Harnesh The Power of Shadownet (A Challenge Thread)
Harnesh The Power of Shadownet (A Challenge Thread) [message #39941] Thu, 10 April 2008 23:38 Go to previous message
Shadow_Net is currently offline  Shadow_Net
Let's face it this place is nearly dead. Nobody takes the risks that are going to push this any further. We're all here for fun so here is a thread that is here for fun. This thread is also meant to push existing knowledge further than it previously had been. There will be no questions, ramblings, or any side comments. Answer the challenge or at least come close and then post something stupid you want to accomplish. These will not be easy tasks and the end result may seem pointless. Little do you know how pointless expirements have gotten this community this far. We definetly need some headway on the STB and the EXE. All those who think we need to 'crack' the EXE need to go die. You do know that this won't be textbox editing? right? You're are going to need to get off your sorry asses and attempt something or it will go nowhere. Lastly don't expect awesome mods to come from this thread. These are stupid challenges that are more of a proof of concept than anything.

Firstly to participate if you know nothing about a hex editor you may just hit that back button now. All EXE stuff will require a dissambler (IDA Pro , Ollydbg etc..) and perhaps a basic understanding of assembly. Your exe must be non-packed (just grab the no cd version, hint: google fable the lost chapters no cd, it is unpacked already). Just for the record when I started here I knew very little and kept at it and at least learned something from this place.

Alright since I'm posing the first challenge I shall at least demonstrate something stupid to begin with. This is by no means awesome, it is in fact rather stupid. I'm going to demonstrate how to spawn something other than a beetle in the Barrels at beginning of the game 100% of the time and in mass quantities. This is a basic EXE edit so get your disassemblers and hex editors ready.

Hit spoiler tag to view it:
Toggle Spoiler

Now for the challenge(s) since this is the first (probably the only post that will come from this). I will make the challenges a little diverse (Pick one).

EXE - Modify something along the lines of the minion in the barrel example. (Don't do a different creature, don't even do the barrels) Just do something simple that modifies a segment that has not been indentified and report how you did it. I'll even give a generic example of what last I tried. I was trying to make people able to have sex outside of marriage. Meaning that you could pick up someone without marrying them and only required to have a house in that town. I made it to the go to bed question but I was never prompted like the game does. So it was very close.

STB - Modify a level. I'm more interested in if you can move a segment of land. More than likely you'll need to familiarize with the texture coordinates and how it all works. If you need something to decompress the sections PM me and perhaps I'll give you a generic utility that compresses and packs a lev file. (Only works on Creature Hub as I hardcoded unknown data).

Perhaps do something level related. Like create a new one? You could copy old data and borrow existing data to simply prove that you were able to and have the game accept it.

That is all for now.

[edit] Sticky - BlueTooth

[Updated on: Thu, 16 October 2008 22:47] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Fable History
Next Topic: Question about Making new weapons
Goto Forum: