Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tools Discussion » FE froze... (i did search through the forum)
Re: FE froze... (i did search through the forum) [message #40019 is a reply to message #40018] Sun, 13 April 2008 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
daemon1129 wrote on Sun, 13 April 2008 11:04

Am I suppose to make that FE.ini file myself? if so i made one with ONLY the following lines;
Heh, no. You can't do anything about it on your end, as FE's not setup to use such a file. I was just pointing out that it'd be a good idea.

Now this time it saids Error Loading textures.big...

EDIT: ok stupid me, press space bar once, and now i understand what you mean by by passing it... so ingore the Error loading textures.big. Now that i can get into FE, i still hope to be able to automatically load all the files, but if thats impossible in my case, then don't worry about.
Glad you figured out what I meant with the errors. No, unless it's got a key in the registry you're out of luck when it comes to auto-loading, as FE won't know where the files are and it assumes that they're in C:\Program Files\.. (restricted to limited accounts).

One more thing, can you tell me briefly what exactly do i need to open to edit, for example, Weapon's damage? Do i need to open all the files in order to tweak some aspect of the game? or just the one that matters? Thanks once again.
For weapon damage, open names.bin first, then game.bin.
The game.bin requires that the names.bin be open, and as a good practices thing, have the first thing you open always be names.bin, because I'm sure it is needed for other files as well.
Other than that, there are no dependencies, but the graphics.big won't display textured models in the model preview window if the textures.big file isn't open (no textures.big = models with no textures).

Weapon damage is controlled by the game.bin.
I had a pretty awesome tutorial (with pics!) some time ago, but the pictures have since been deleted by my host (those bastards). It's not a hard thing to do, I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Note of warning: The save file is a data-sucking prick, if you already have the weapon for which you changed the damage, you'll need to toss/sell the weapon and grab/buy it again. Same thing with weapon augments. If you don't have it, you don't have to worry about that.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message