Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tools Discussion » FE froze... (i did search through the forum)
Re: FE froze... (i did search through the forum) [message #40021 is a reply to message #40020] Sun, 13 April 2008 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Bleh, legendary weapons are a pain because you can't just sell them anywhere. I think you can donate them though, charity shop in SnowSpire (or you can spawn a charity shop, or change a CShopDef of a shop you haven't been to or "seen" yet in such a way that they'll buy the sword from you). You then have to either buy it back or re-spawn it.

daemon1129 wrote on Sun, 13 April 2008 11:40

So if FE cant find the registry, it will load the files with the default directory in C:\Program files? then if i move my fable to there with the exact same as location, wouldn't it fix the problem?
I would wish to give it a try, but can you tell me the directory of it?
Default install directory is
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Fable - The Lost Chapters\
Wouldn't matter though, limited account means Program Files = off limits. So yea, you could install Fable there, but FE wouldn't be able to make changes.

*** Added what the archives are, so you'll know which ones to open for which edits. ***

graphics.big -
Holds models and animations. If the textures.big is open, the models will be textured in the preview frame. If you've got a copy of Blender/3DS/other 3D app handy, you can easily make static models. No support for collision or dynamic models. Animated models are tricky, but can be done. Not a whole lot of support for animations. If you do any model editing here, start with static. You can also make meshes glow, give them bump/spec maps, and with some editing in the textures.big, you can make them translucent/transparent.

textures.big -
Holds textures. This is the place to go for recoloring stuff. With some texture edits you can also change the alpha to make them translucent/transparent on models supporting such things.

frontend.big -
Can't quite remember, believe I only ever opened this once. I thing it's textures.

text.big -
Holds all the text stuff that Fable uses. Here you can edit the text, or add your own.

effects.big -
Wii! Fun stuff. Though you can't really do anything with the stuff in here, it gives you a list of all of the effects Fable uses, like vomit! waterfalls! sunbeams! butterflies! much, much more. This is especially fun with using particle emitters in .TNGs, endless amusement.

FinalAlbion_RT.stb -
Don't touch, this thing's a monster.

FinalAlbion.wad -
This holds the .LEVs and .TNGs. The .TNGs hold level scripts, .LEVs hold map data such as length/width of the map, height of each cell in the map, walkpaths, NPC navigation data, other stuff too, but you'll need to extract the .WAD with FreeRoam to edit the .LEVs (using Albion Explorer).

names.bin -
Holds a lengthy list of everything, absolutely everything. Is needed for some other files to open.

script.bin -
Holds script information for cutscenes, regions and the main script.

frontend.bin -
Like the other frontend, I don't remember what this is. Just guessing here, but perhaps it's user interface?

game.bin -
All of the game definitions in Fable. Weapon/armor/creature/anything properties can be edited here.

[Updated on: Sun, 13 April 2008 09:50]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message