Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Level Scripting » Looking for a Tutorial
Re: Looking for a Tutorial [message #40990 is a reply to message #40984] Thu, 08 May 2008 18:05 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
I'm not sure what you mean by putting a map in the demon door, please clarify that for me.

Flatten walls? You don't, you delete walls from the .TNG if you don't want them there.

Make a path? I suppose you could lay down some brickwork.

Putting a large, flat, grassy area for town buildings and shops is possible. First you would need to make your landscape model, since it's flat it shouldn't be too difficult. Then you need your map, any existing .LEV, you'll have to hex edit the .LEV heightmap to be flat and higher than the .STB landscape model. Then spawn buildings and shops and villagers and whatever in the .TNG.

Changing music, I believe that's done using FE, environment themes or somesuch.

Lay down steps? .TNG editing, spawn an object.

Custom buildings? Unless you have something to handle collision models, I suggest you stick with existing buildings. Perhaps a retexture or something.

Rock paths? .TNG editing, of course this would probably be easier as just a flat model using the rock path landscape texture, or throwing it in the landscape model itself.

Raising certain spots? This would be a combination of editing the .LEV heightmap and adjusting the landscape model to match.

Streams, you can make a pseudo-water model, I'd recommend lowering the heightmap to allow a shallow streamlike body over it, this way the Hero can walk in it. It may be possible to put fishing spots in it too, I'll have to check on that one.

You can't put genuine Fable-water there because water is controlled in the .STB. We've not completely figured out the .STB yet. This is also why you have to make your own landscape model. You can use a variety of methods to make the stream model look watery, but sad fact is it would be very hard to make it look like the water that's in the game.

Thing is, there's a lot of stuff that hasn't been publicly done before. .LEV heightmap editing I believe has been done, but no one threw in a landscape model so what happened was the Hero was walking either underground or in the air, so that was to be halted until the .STB was figured out. Pseudo-water, to my knowledge, hasn't been done before. I wouldn't know how to tell you to set it up because I'm still working on that one myself.
James Butts wrote on Thu, 08 May 2008 19:40

So basically you can't do anything you just said
Que huh? Of course he can, he just has to try really hard and put a lot of effort into learning how to do it. There are some limits and some obstacles, but there's also work-arounds.

[Updated on: Thu, 08 May 2008 18:07]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Editing Chests...
Next Topic: cant find the chest i spawned help plz!!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 21 19:35:24 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02252 seconds