Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Level Scripting » Looking for a Tutorial
Re: Looking for a Tutorial [message #41054 is a reply to message #41049] Sat, 10 May 2008 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
ross wrote on Sat, 10 May 2008 15:36

find deminsions
1. Increase dementions of Guild demon door.
2. Delete rising landscape on the inside.
3. Create large grassy area.
4. Map out town/map plans.
5. Spawn buildings, plants, npcs, ect.
6. Post on forums for others to enjoy.

Dimensions, you can go about it three different ways.
  • Open up AE and load the map you want the dimensions for. Put an object to the bottom left corners of the map, round it to the nearest increment of 32, those coordinates will be the dimensions of the map.
  • You can crack open the .LEV in question and find the length and width at 0x00000026 and 0x0000002A respectively.
  • You can crack open the .BWD using a hex editor, and the map entries give world start points and world end points for each map, the difference of which gives dimensions. I'd say use the .WLD, but it doesn't have end points.
Personally, I like the first one best. As for those other things...
  • I don't know what you're talking about... it's either making the demon door bigger, which can be done by changing it's scale in either the .TNGs or the .BINs, or you're talking about making the DemonDoor_Guild.lev and the region it's contained in (DemonDoor_Guild, also contains 4 filler maps) larger as far as X,Y goes. If that's the case, no. Forget about it.
  • That's a two level thing, and I've already discussed this. You'd have to make the heightmaps for each map in the region flat and higher than the landscape model, which is done in the .LEVs. Then you'd have to make a new landscape model (many ways to do this), but a new model is needed unless complete format specs for the .STB fall out of the sky.
  • If you mean model grass, there's a model for grass in the graphics.big, make an OBJECT entry for it and place it like you would any object in the .TNGs. If you mean landscape grass, like just a texture, that's going to be a part of the landscape model that you'll have to create. You can use existing textures, they're in the graphics.big.
  • That's best done on paper first, have fun.
  • All .TNG stuff.
  • Cool.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Editing Chests...
Next Topic: cant find the chest i spawned help plz!!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 21 10:28:46 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02114 seconds