Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Requests » The real Assasin Outfit
Re: The real Assasin Outfit [message #40838 is a reply to message #40837] Mon, 05 May 2008 16:39 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
ross is currently offline  ross
JohnDoe wrote on Mon, 05 May 2008 18:46

How about you're all wrong? Unless any of you can tell me anything about how to use 3D apps then none of you really know anything about this.

It is very possible.

You need to export the model from the graphics.big (possible).
You need to import it into a modeling program like 3DS (possible).
You need to remove pieces of the model like skin and hair, leaving what will be the clothing items (possible).
You need to line up the model with the Hero's model (well, not really need to, but I would recommend it so that it doesn't look weird, and yea, this is possible).
You need to break the model into pieces, left boot, right boot, trousers, shirt, gloves, helmet/hat/mask, horns, hair, be it facial or otherwise (possible).
You need to bone it and rig the models to the bones (possible, if time consuming).
You need to make sure all of the bones are right so that it doesn't look weird in-game (feet walking off without your legs, or so it would seem, and this is possible).
You need to do a quick checklist to make sure Fable won't have a hissyfit with your model, simple things that might make it cry (possible).
You need to export the models as individual pieces (possible).
You need to import the models into the graphics.big using FE (possible).
You need to assign the models textures (possible, and easy because it can use the same textures, ZOMGZ!).
You need to make edits to the game.bin by either hijacking an existing clothing set's entries or making your own (possible).
You need to spawn the clothing items in-game (possible, but with our latest members, chests are out of the question).

The difficulty in new clothing is not so much the level of modeling skill needed, but rather the high tolerance for frustration and more than just a handful of time.

Exactly Wink. Right on mate. What I said Smile. I still wan't to know where to get that 3DS 8 thing that you use!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Frostmourne ( Warcraft )
Next Topic: possibly capes?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 21 04:22:55 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01831 seconds