Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Requests » Requesting Weapons
Re: Requesting Weapons [message #41234 is a reply to message #41231] Wed, 14 May 2008 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Since this thread is already on it's way to hell, mostly because it's a request for something that's been fulfilled, I'll throw my commentary in here too.

You can also use UniExtract to extract pretty much anything, I don't use it because I don't encounter very obscure compressions on a day-to-day basis.

I don't particularly like WinZip because it reminds me of a time when people thought they absolutely needed it to handle zip files, when even older Windows OSs (at least as far back as 95) had something to zip and unzip, named zip.exe and unzip.exe. Though today's population probably couldn't use them anyway because they're command line apps. It made me cry when they bought a license for WinZip. Then there's usability, it's only good for zip archives, a few other types if you download external programs for it, which I think is stupid. WinZip = fail.

WinRar is in the craphouse too for not being completely free. If they were going to charge for it, they should at least have a good looking website like WinZip does, and hopefully be the best codec utility on the market. This is not the case. While it can do every rar and zip compression, and a few others, it doesn't take home the prize.

7Zip can extract from both zip and rar archives, as well as a great many others, though can only create 5 types of archives (2 common, 3 obscure for the average person). While it doesn't handle every archive type out there, it takes care of just about everything that I actually use everyday, meaning I don't need 4 or 5 other programs to do what it can't. But I'm not a 7Zip fanboy, it has its problems too. One of my problems with 7Zip is that it has trouble with a few rar compressions. The other is split archives, never had that working for me, maybe morerunes had better luck.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message