Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Graphics Editing » Rigging ranged weapons?
Rigging ranged weapons? [message #44088] Sun, 20 July 2008 03:17 Go to previous message
DarkArcz is currently offline  DarkArcz

I've been looking into fable modding for the past week (and downloading stuff from this forum for the past month), and I've come across dozens of guides teaching me how to do stuff like make sticks, or roughly popsicle shaped weapons. My game is now littered with the spawn of my horribly simple creations (not that I mind, stabbing the Guildmaster with a cylinder was pretty entertaining). A day ago, I got interested in the idea of making some ranged weapons, specifically weapons that work like the crossbows or repeater crossbows in Fable (trying to make a rifle, and perhaps a crossbow or two). But I hear say that ranged weapons require rigging for animations. I quote morerunes from a comment on YouTube;

Quote:

no problem, in the uv/image editor, just select everything and go to uvs>>mirror>>y axis

I haven't figured out how to do bows yet, because the bows require you to rig them for animations, but you would need to make the shot creation dummy helper (I can't remember where that is supposed to be, I'll have to take a look some time)

If you want to, you are welcome to try it yourself, but first you need to know which bones to weight and stuff, and you need to know where each bone goes.

Quote:

nah, the only ranged things you wouldn't have to rig is throwing objects (don't ask me how ot make, never tried)

I gather from the latter quote that crossbows/repeaters need to rigged too. However, I haven't the slightest idea on how to do it. Nor do I know how to make a "shot creation dummy helper" (unless its the same as making augment helpers). And Googling the terms hasn't turned up any useful results either.

I know a few dudes over here have made ranged weapon mods that work like crossbows/repeaters (BlueTooth's Arquebus, a shotgun), so can anybody guide me through the process? Or atleast redirect me to a tutorial I could follow?

No sigs here, move along.

[Updated on: Sun, 20 July 2008 03:42]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Hair removal