Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » Creating an "Immortal Child" Mod Help Please
Re: Creating an "Immortal Child" Mod Help Please [message #47855 is a reply to message #47854] Tue, 09 December 2008 21:35 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
The hero and the child hero are for all intents and purposes the same thing, maybe minus model helpers. You could do a simple mesh swap, toss the CHeroMorphDef, get rid of scars/bruising in the CCreatureDef, give him the CSkeletalMorphDef that the child hero has, and that should be it. I feel like I'm forgetting something though. Note that the kid probably won't be able to wear armour or hair styles/beards/mustaches without it looking weird, and that the quiver might not appear correct. Horns should be disabled, CAppearanceModifierDef in OBJECT_HORNS, delete the entries in the array that has the AppearOnRank/DisappearOnRank stuff. That should get rid of all the morphing, I suppose you could do the CAppearanceModifierDefs of the all the hair styles to be thorough, pretty much the same thing to be done with the horns except just get rid of the balding ones and leave the base ones.

All in all it should be pretty easy.

Side note: With an edited model to include helpers, rid him of clothing and hair, and a set of textures for when he's nude and all of the morphing, and an edited set of bones, he can be made able to use all of the morphing that the Hero has. Unfortunately I don't think anyone one cares enough to make the model, or make the textures or set up the new morphing. It could be done though.

[Updated on: Tue, 09 December 2008 21:41]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message icon5.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: music of choice??
Next Topic: Weapon title change
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 11:28:53 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01376 seconds