Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tools Discussion » TUTORIAL: How To Use FreeRoam On Vista!
TUTORIAL: How To Use FreeRoam On Vista! [message #49998] Mon, 16 March 2009 11:57 Go to previous message
Noctus is currently offline  Noctus

Administrator

I've seen this a lot, and I havn't seen it added to tutorials. FreeRoam is different on Vista. So heres my tutorial.

1. Start with downloading the FreeRoam application. Here. (WinRar Needed to extract it!)

2. Extract the application and run it.

3. In the application, press File / Open

4. Find your FinalAlbion.wad file (Default location: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Fable The Lost Chapters\data\Levels)

5. Choose TNG and Lev(Patched) (The top two clickable boxes). When done, click RIP!

6. It will then ask you to place the final albion wad dumper. YOU MUST PLACE IT IN THE DATA FOLDER, ABOVE THE LEVELS FOLDER! NOT THE LEVELS FOLDER!. Then wait a few minutes for it to finish.

7. Now here is where it is different. Go to here and read it!

8. Take ownership of all of your gamefiles! (Best way, go to C:\Progam Files\Microsoft Games and right click the Fable The Lost Chapters file and click Take Ownership). Wait until it is done.

9. Go to your Levels folder again. Now, click a button just below the file directory saying "Compatability Files". You should see the FinalAlbion folder in there. Copy it, press back, and paste it in your levels folder.

10. When done, go to your userst.ini in your Fable The Lost Chapters folder (Above data), copy and paste it anywhere else, and change UseLevelWAD True; to UseLevelWAD False; Then copy it back.

11. Delete, move, or rename your FinalAlbion.wad. Remember, keep a backup! Unless you decide to be an idiot Wink

12. Run fable.

Hope i helped.

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9540/helpmeaaa.jpg

[Updated on: Wed, 18 March 2009 16:29]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message