Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Graphics Editing » Broken models aren't broken!!!
Broken models aren't broken!!! [message #51485] Fri, 29 May 2009 13:15 Go to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Okay, so anyone who has ever toyed with models to any moderate extent knows that they can't do anything with the longsword models, Thunder's sword, and a few other things. I know why, and I have tested and proved this theory.

It's the name of the submesh. It's so damned crazy that such a little thing has had people stumped for so long.

Anything with the terms word, dword, or sword will appear to be borked. This is because these terms are used in data interpretation, so it misinterprets the label and breaks!

The fix is easy too. In FE, before exporting the model, switch over to the appropriate tab, click the appropriate submesh that is labeled as sword, and change the name! Apply changes, then export.

This happens to more than swords because LH devs have found it worthwhile to mislabel submeshes in other models in the graphics.big. The crossbow bolts, for example, are labeled as "mouth" if I remember correctly. So when a model fails to load in something, check the submesh names for any technical terms that might be screwing up the program you're using.

[Updated on: Tue, 16 June 2009 03:33]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: A Video, Making Weapons Work in Fable, The Easy Way
Next Topic: Custom Tattoo Post
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 08:08:21 PDT 2024