Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » Need help modding Armor Ratings and Damage Reduction...
Re: Need help modding Armor Ratings and Damage Reduction... [message #52406 is a reply to message #52373] Tue, 30 June 2009 11:58 Go to previous message
Drake1132
Well, some of the sets do have vulnerabilities to certain damage types by default. For example, the naked set (any unmodified No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service areas) will take extra damage from melee and ranged weapons as well as from explosions, but will only take base damage from spells. Archon's armor is slightly vulnerable to lightning damage, as are Plate and Chainmail armors, and the cross-dressing pieces (dress, corset, red wig, etc.) are vulnerable to melee damage. Everything else either takes base damage (modified by ArmourPercentage) or has protections.

But it is an interesting prospect to know that we can change protections and vulnerabilities individually. And since there are other ARMOUR sets, such as ARMOUR_JACK_OF_BLADES_ARMOUR or AROUMOUR_BALVERINE, this theoretically should mean that we could make monsters and npcs more or less vulnerable to specific attacks. So if, for example, you're like me and feel that the fights with Jack of Blades are too easy if you have max Lightning spells to use against him, then you could change his Lightning DamageTypeResponse to increase his protections.

I also might be able to learn more about the general damage calculation by setting DamageTypeResponse values to 1.0 and ArmourPercentage values to 0.0 in order to get a baseline for each armor set (which might be the same for all armor sets), and then change those DamageTypeResponse and ArmourPercentage values individually and see what changes are made, and then change them together to see again what changes are made... that might let me figure out at least something of the damage reduction calculation. But that's for a later time... right now I want to play Smile

jwc2200 wrote on Tue, 30 June 2009 01:15

Glad to see someone who wants to do more than make a sword that does a million damage.

Yeah, I used to be like that with games about ten years ago... anytime I modded or used cheats or trainers or whatever it was to make myself more powerful... then I started to realize that I enjoyed the games substantially less if they were easy, so I started getting in the habit of making only minor changes to reduce frustration or to make cosmetic adjustments because I didn't like a particular texture or whatever. And that's what I'm looking to do here as well is to simply be able to have the "best" armor in the game with respect to stats but look the way I want to look.

Drake

[Updated on: Tue, 30 June 2009 12:10]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message icon5.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Playing w/ Spells
Next Topic: How to Spawn Using Only FE