Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Level Scripting » The General Fix Thread - My Game Crashes/Doesn't Change When I Spawn A Chest!
The General Fix Thread - My Game Crashes/Doesn't Change When I Spawn A Chest! [message #52723] Sun, 12 July 2009 08:50
Noctus is currently offline  Noctus

Administrator

So, has your game crashed when spawning a chest?

There are several causes for a crash. Here are the general causes and fixes.

1. Your Modding Environment Is Incomplete
Symptoms include:

* Albion Explorer works, but no changes will make place in-game when I use it.
* You used FreeRoam, yet you still cannot walk anywhere. The game is still as it is unmodded.

How to fix:

* The problem you have is the fact your game still uses the FinalAlbion.wad because you didn't move or rename it. Do this now by going into c:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Fable The Lost Chapters\data\Levels (Or wherever you personally installed Fable) and change the name of FinalAlbion.wad. Or move it.

2. Basic Script Error
Symptoms include:

* My game crashes at the point where my game tries to enter the region I spawned the chest.
* FreeRoam is working and I can walk everywhere and Albion Explorer works.

How to fix:

* Check your script!

Here are common script errors I've seen and fixed before that other people have done without noticing. This will help you fix your script. Just keep moving down, checking if you've done the following to your script. If you reach the bottom and it still doesn't work, then paste it in the thread and I'll help you out.
Missing Icons

Typos!

Spawning the Unspawnable

Starting with a 1 rather than a 0

Editing the wrong part of the script!

A Used UID

This thread will be updated as I find common errors people have. Also, if you feel something else should be here too, don't hesitate to post it below and I'll edit the post.

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9540/helpmeaaa.jpg

Read Message
Previous Topic: Fable: (Havent thought of a name yet!?)
Next Topic: how to change floor?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 08:02:49 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01984 seconds