Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » Maybe Shields really could happen?
Re: Maybe Shields really could happen? [message #52752 is a reply to message #52751] Mon, 13 July 2009 23:24 Go to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Black Demon wrote on Tue, 14 July 2009 00:31

A functional shield could really work huh?
A functional shield? No.
A decorative shield? Sure. We've even done it already.

Ailia's throwing discs was actually a single mesh put in two places using punching animations, no need for switching between melee/ranged. She's done further work with it, but she's been inactive for quite some time.

There are other mods out there involving what you're talking about, switching between melee/ranged, that allow for different models to be used. One of them even has dual-wielding with a shield like you're talking about, but as I said, it's decorative.

What you're talking about is new animations. The problem with new animations is that aside of doing it by hand, there's no way to make them. I used to think of myself as a pretty good math guy, then I looked up quaternions and killed myself. Something about four dimensions just throws me off.

As for sheathing both at the same time, yea we can do that, but I wouldn't have them sheathed to the Hero's hands, that just sounds silly and would probably crash the game. I swear this game is so weird, knock off file headers and it still works fine, but a tiny typo or a missing null byte and it just flips out.

Anyway, repeating my original statement, not functional, just decorative.

Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: changing bow ammo
Next Topic: Weather since i started modding...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 05:06:56 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01041 seconds