Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tools Discussion » Problems with chocolatebox/Albion Explorer.
Re: Problems with chocolatebox/Albion Explorer. [message #54563 is a reply to message #54562] Sat, 10 October 2009 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
TheFableNoob wrote on Sat, 10 October 2009 01:50

(can those be wrong?)
No. As long as nothing touches the registry after install, any install directory will work.

Second. I guess I didn't notice the HTML link for the take ownership link as I figured I already had ownership since there was no button for it.
Vista is the nanny OS. It watches over you and assumes you're a moron and so safeguards everything you do. While most people are morons, for us non-morons, this is a hindrance. You will need absolute control over everything on your computer, taking it out of the hands of the OS. I believe DarkenedSoul knows more about this, his input will be useful.

MSVC++ 2005 SP1(I've never heard of it. What does it do? Googling it now.)
It installs some DLLs required to use programs made with Visual C++. This is needed if you don't have Visual C++ 2005 installed - most people don't.

Should I install into the normal program files folder? (The non x86 one) or just do default again.
It shouldn't matter, except for Vista not giving ownership of anything in system directories (like any Program Files folder) to the user. If you would like, you can install in "My Documents". This should bypass all that. Like I said, DarkenedSoul would know more about this, anything from him is worth reading. This will do for now until he can be bothered to reply.

Now, something else. The fact that you're on a x64 machine may be an issue, but I've no experience with that. I'll have to consult one of the site's metaminds to give you a good answer on that one.

Read Message icon5.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message