Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tools Discussion » Problems with chocolatebox/Albion Explorer.
Re: Problems with chocolatebox/Albion Explorer. [message #54647 is a reply to message #54607] Tue, 13 October 2009 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
TheFableNoob is currently offline  TheFableNoob
Quote:

Holy crap someone said thanks. For future reference to new members - be like this.

As for that, I never take help for granted. There isn't always going to be someone to answer your questions. Saying thanks to any help I receive is my personal lifestyle.

Quote:

I've heard of several problems with programs related to modding and programs such as games on 64Bit. Since I don't have a copy of it, I really don't know what to suggest other than uninstalling and reinstalling in the default place (But keep the FinalAlbion folder so you don't have to use FreeRoam again).

I wish I could help more, but I simply can't. Have you tried running it without a compatability mode? I never used a compatability mode and it works just fine on Vista.

But Vista does screw up when you try to change anything within the Program Files due to its nature, but taking ownership and running .exes as an administrator should fix that.

I'm sorry I can't help you any more than that.

Thank you for at least the thought and time, any help is appreciated. I've tried without compatability and it's the same.

Now then back to fable. I made back-ups as soon as I installed it off the discs and put them on my external Hard drive.
I've now copy and pasted the entire thing over the "edited" so to say Fable folder. Are there any special files that I should watch out for that could be left behind due to replacement of the non modded Fable?

Quote:

Yes and no. It dumps the files like FreeRoam, but it doesn't patch the LEVs to enable FreeRoaming like FreeRoam. I suppose it could with some extra code... but meh.

Okay so if I enjoy doing things outside the map I need to use FreeRoam. Gotcha. I must say though finding glitches and getting to previously unreached places is rather fun. I may document my many travels. Cool Although I still wonder if there could be a way to add in a jump function. I'm not really experienced with that kind of addition to game code but I love messing with and looking through codes. Although I'm pretty sure on it being hard coded into the game. The possibility of just changing your x and y axis is still there though. That could be achieved through various EVIL "third party programs", Correct me if I'm wrong.
(Went off topic , sorry Confused)

Yes I forgot to mention that I renamed the finalalbion.wad after moving it to my desktop. Sorry for that.

[Updated on: Tue, 13 October 2009 15:04]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message icon5.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message