Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tools Discussion » Problems with chocolatebox/Albion Explorer.
Re: Problems with chocolatebox/Albion Explorer. [message #54652 is a reply to message #54651] Tue, 13 October 2009 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
TheFableNoob is currently offline  TheFableNoob
Quote:

If the jump animation exists, you could perhaps replace the forward roll with it. Thing is, and this is important, you can't jump over anything that you can't walk over. Fable physics blow.
Couldn't this be solved by adding in an "invisible" platform so to say? Since you can edit maps and make maps this should be possible albeit time costly.

Quote:

The tools should work on x64 machines. There used to be a problem with CBox, but that's been updated. Grab the latest version if you haven't (look at bottom of the post). Nothing else to say in regards to x64 issues, and DarkenedSoul has covered the Vista issues head to toe.

I have the latest version. Maybe I should try using the previous ones just to see if it changes anything or gives a different error?

Quote:

If it doesn't work, I am stumped. This won't solve anything but... you may need to rename the FinalAlbion.wad again, if you've copied the backup files over the other ones (assuming you backed up the FinalAlbion.wad).

I took the entire Fable folder from my backup on the external hard drive and copied it over , and since it was before my using the FreeRoam application , the FinalAlbion.WAD should be the same as the one I put on my desktop for easier access.

Quote:

I'll also add that if neither CBox/AE work, but you can get FreeRoam to work, you can edit TNGs in notepad. They're plain text files.

Actually this suits me better. I'm better at direct editing, as I used to mod FATE Alot, although FATE was alot easier as the developers actually encouraged modding, and some of them even showed up on forums to give advice.

Thanks once again for the help. I wanted to get a little input on things in case a file managed to mess up something permanently due to the paste over.

EDIT: Looking back , I can't believe I forgot to post this. For some reason after copying my back-up over top of the one on my computer, The files I gained from using FreeRoam are still there. I'm assuming this is because the FinalAlbion.WAD the got pasted over had them all extracted, and since the original doesn't have them like that it left them. SO, should I delete them? Leave them? I'll try using Cbox and AE with it like it is.

[Updated on: Tue, 13 October 2009 16:18]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message icon5.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message