Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tools Discussion » Problems with chocolatebox/Albion Explorer.
Re: Problems with chocolatebox/Albion Explorer. [message #54653 is a reply to message #54652] Tue, 13 October 2009 16:36 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
TheFableNoob wrote on Tue, 13 October 2009 18:14

Couldn't this be solved by adding in an "invisible" platform so to say? Since you can edit maps and make maps this should be possible albeit time costly.
The platform would need to have collision, this would need to be done on everything you would want the player to be able to jump over. As you say, time costly. Very time costly.

I have the latest version. Maybe I should try using the previous ones just to see if it changes anything or gives a different error?
It shouldn't be an issue, but at this point you can give it a try.

I took the entire Fable folder from my backup on the external hard drive and copied it over , and since it was before my using the FreeRoam application , the FinalAlbion.WAD should be the same as the one I put on my desktop for easier access.
That's what I'm saying. Unless you moved the FinalAlbion.wad before making the backup, and you instead backed up an entire set of LEVs and TNGs, you'll have the FinalAlbion.wad back and it will need to be taken care of again. Since you already have it backed up on your desktop, deleting it will be fine.

Actually this suits me better.
Be sure to check out the scripting guides/tutorials linked in OldBoy's sticky in the General Mod Discussion forum. It will help a lot.

For some reason after copying my back-up over top of the one on my computer, The files I gained from using FreeRoam are still there. I'm assuming this is because the FinalAlbion.WAD the got pasted over had them all extracted, and since the original doesn't have them like that it left them. SO, should I delete them? Leave them? I'll try using Cbox and AE with it like it is.
If you delete them, you'll need the FinalAlbion.wad in the Levels folder. The game needs one or the other. You can have both, but then the game will use the FinalAlbion.wad. If you want to make edits, keep the LEVs/TNGs, but get rid of the FinalAlbion.wad.

Read Message icon5.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message