Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Work In Progress » Fable Conquest v3
Re: Fable Conquest v3 [message #56632 is a reply to message #56620] Wed, 31 March 2010 20:27 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
battery000 wrote on Tue, 30 March 2010 23:38

Maybe a boolean dependent cullis gate that leads you to the next area?

"Boolean-dependent" cullis gates? And what would that be, exactly? Cullis gates done proper only take you to regions you've already been that have a cullis gate. But if you haven't been there, it can't take you there. And if you're just going to make a dummy cullis gate with a standard teleporter on top, why not just make a standard teleporter?

"Are you sure you want to go to Hook Coast?"

There is a way to do cullis gates, I just don't understand what is meant by "boolean-dependent" cullis gates.
nicomon wrote on Wed, 31 March 2010 19:03

It isn't possible to do that without using, at the very least, very advanced hex editing. However, they could put a region exit/entrance on a cullis gate object with an effect, making it look like you went through the cullis gate to the next area. They could also imitate the scripts from the darkwood cullis gate quest. I'm not sure if that last one is possible, as I don't know whether those scripts are embedded in the quest scripts or not, but if they aren't then it could work. Personally, I don't think they would add something like that to Conquest, though.
Bah, copying those scripts is easy, it's just a standard teleporter and even if it isn't, one could be made to look and act just like it.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Fable: New Consumables (Formarly Slums of Albion)
Next Topic: Fable: The New World [WIP Topic - Release in Packages]
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 17:57:44 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01654 seconds