Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Work In Progress » Fable Conquest v3
Re: Fable Conquest v3 [message #56637 is a reply to message #56634] Wed, 31 March 2010 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
chaos wrote on Wed, 31 March 2010 23:38

The point of lockable doors is to be able to go to a region but not be able to get in a certain house/cave/etc. Making you have to gain a key by fighting a boss/digging/fishing/etc to gain entry to the next part of the 'story'.
I had done a lot of thought on this. What I finally decided that the best way would be to make it a chest. Chest lids open on a hinge, so the idea was to model a door that would use the chest lid bone, so that when it opens in-game, it would look like a door opening. You'd have to place it sideways but it would work.

But I missed one major problem, the collision meshes for chests, unlike doors, stay the same after the chest is open. So even though the chest door would look open, it would still be closed. This was very disappointing.
battery000 wrote on Thu, 01 April 2010 00:03

What I meant is that it only is activated once a boolean variable is set to true after beating the boss or whatever.
That makes more sense, but that is impossible. There aren't "open after JoB fight" scripts. And to do that would mean you'd have to have quests. There is a way though...

The paintings in the Fresco Dome, they only show up after a certain quest. They're all in their own quest sections and these dummy quests are activated upon meeting certain conditions. For example, the Hero escapes from the prison, the painting of him in prison is now at Fresco Dome. So, you put a door that does nothing in the NULL section, and you put a door that goes somewhere in the same quest section as the painting, that door will only show up after you escape from the prison. An interesting one is the good/bad epilogues, where if you're evil the evil painting shows up and if you're good the good painting shows up, so these can be used to make alignment-specific scripts. But again, that requires quests to be used.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Fable: New Consumables (Formarly Slums of Albion)
Next Topic: Fable: The New World [WIP Topic - Release in Packages]
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 07:45:25 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01800 seconds