Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tutorials » [Graphics] Rotating a Weapon via Helper
Re: [Graphics] Rotating a Weapon via Helper [message #56146 is a reply to message #56145] Sat, 13 February 2010 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
derkky wrote on Sat, 13 February 2010 12:25

HRESULT =88760390
You've got a defunct hierarchy most likely. Post the mesh and I'll fix it for you. Eventually I'll need to write something up on checking and editing meshes manually in Notepad. It will save a lot of headaches.

Edit: Okay, I checked out the mesh given to me via PM by derkky (just post it next time), and the problem isn't what I thought. It's a rather simple thing, in fact.

Broken models aren't broken!!!
[Reference] Fable Graphics 101
JohnDoe wrote on Wed, 30 December 2009 16:37

Material Name
If you're going to edit meshes, you must follow these good practices, or else you are likely to experience problems and I'll laugh at you and say "I told you so."
  • Material name must not start with a number.
  • Material name must not have any mathematical function in it, like +-*/&^ or etc, stick to A-Z, a-z, 0-9 and underscores (_).
  • If you're going to export a mesh, first rename the submeshes to comply, and be sure to apply changes properly. No need to recompile the archive as the edit is already in place, after applying changes, just export.
  • Avoid certain words, like 'sword', 'dword', 'byte', 'ubyte', 'sbyte', 'long', 'ulong', 'slong', etc. These are used in data interpretation and will make the mesh seem to be broken if you try to use it. Specifically 'sword', don't use it.

Change the name of the frame from "sword" to something else.
And morerunes, do you think you might mention it somewhere as a side-note? Just so that people who refuse to read the entire thread, or any post other than the first one, to see if their problem has been solved can see it and know ahead of time.
Then all we need them to do is read the whole post. #goodluckwiththat

[Updated on: Sat, 13 February 2010 12:15]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: [General] Getting Started with Fable