Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Another JD Ranged Weapon in the works.
Re: Another JD Ranged Weapon in the works. [message #56373 is a reply to message #56370] Tue, 09 March 2010 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
jwc2200 wrote on Tue, 09 March 2010 09:04

Extraordinary! I love the look, the weirder the better, as many guns of the past were ornate and had wild colors and markings. This makes it fit Fable perfectly in my opinion.
I'm glad you like it. And you make a good point, several historical guns looked just crazy. I didn't think of that, but it's a good excuse for why I did the handle that way (a man can only do his best).
James Butts wrote on Tue, 09 March 2010 09:41

Does fe or any app open that effect, if so, I would think the sound file was in there somewhere and you could delete all references to it. other than that, I love this gun, is it going to be pistol or shotgun size?
Hex editors can open the effect files. Razz
I'm going for a shotgun size, slightly smaller than the Doomsday, but without all the other stuff that the Bluetooth Arquebus, JohnDoe Doomsday and the original Harvester have. The result is the simplified design shown in the image. I've tried it out in-game, looks good, fires good, still deciding on a few things and trying to figure out a couple others.

I'd like to make this an old-style steam punk shotgun, but I can't figure out how I can make it fire more than one shot at a time except to allow it to fire continuously without reloading. One thing I could try is to have more helpers in the model, specifically duplicates of the helper that tell Fable where to spawn the ammo. So if there are five of those helpers, the theory is that it will fire five shots at a time. Still need to test that though. And I can only imagine how this will affect the multiarrow spell (which currently works, yay!).

Going back to the effects, I can't just get rid of the zombie sound. At least I don't think I can. If I can, that would be pretty cool, but otherwise I'd have to replace it with a different sound. It's already going to make an explosion sound, so I think I'll just throw in another explosion, won't be noticeable at all. Or I might just not use the zombie effect, I definitely won't if I figure out the shotgun thing, I don't want to see a few hundred zombie effects every time I wipe out a city.

And I would do a pistol if I could get the Hero to shoot it with just one hand. With any crossbow or pump action crossbow, the Hero's always got both hands on it. The hobbes have those ranged staffs that they shoot with one hand, but that's because that's how their animations are set up. That can't be done so easily with the Hero. I could just change the animations such that the Hero doesn't use his left arm, but that would affect the animations for every pump action crossbow, maybe even all crossbows, and it might not look so pleasant.

Might be better to just leave it at one shot at a time as I don't want to make anymore godly weapons. If you were kind enough to read all of that, I commend you and I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Edit: In-game screenshot. Please ignore that a retextured Jack with no eyes is holding it, that's something else for later. Notice that I added a flaming barrel, I'm thinking about removing it though. Comment on this if you will.

[Updated on: Tue, 09 March 2010 09:17]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Setting mnigame max bets?
Next Topic: Fable/Albion Explorer messes with my game's color?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 18 18:37:43 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00598 seconds