Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Work In Progress » Armour with dynamic capes
Armour with dynamic capes [message #56448] Tue, 16 March 2010 20:18 Go to previous message
nicomon is currently offline  nicomon
nicomon

Did you see the picture above? Did you believe the cape was dynamic? Well, it is.
It started a few days ago, when I was looking through the graphics.big, and saw a model with a cape. I decided to make it a piece of armour, and this became the early tests.

And a proof of it being dynamic:

Later, after having given up on making a dynamic cape, I was messing around with NPC clothing, trying to get it to work without a model switch, or any modeling at all. The answer was alpha textures, as seen in these screenshots:

It wasn't until after I posted those last two screenshots on Fabletlcmod.com that I realized I could use the alpha textures to hide the rest of the model that had the dynamic cape, and use the CAppearanceModifierDef to put it on a separate piece of armour. The result was the picture at the top of this thread. And here it is again:

And a slightly different one, as proof that it is dynamic:

I hope all you modders have fun with this discovery, and my mod involving it will be released soon.

I posted that on projectego.net, and here is the file. It contains a caped version of the normal, dark, and light plate, as well as platinum. I give credit to JohnDoe, who's plate/platinum variant package I took the models for the armour(not the cape)from, as the normals models were acting weird. Please tell me if there are any problems. By the way, the FMP was made in shadownet.

EDIT 5: New fmp. It's finally been fixed, and should work this time. Also, since it works now, could a moderator move it back to the objects section?

I divided by zero and survived.
Two of Diamonds, people. This is important.

[Updated on: Sun, 03 April 2011 11:48]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Fable: Small World... Or Huge?
Next Topic: [WIP] - Fable SDK
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 18:10:27 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01209 seconds