Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Development » Tools » Poke
Poke [message #56978] Tue, 27 April 2010 15:16 Go to previous message
Synte is currently offline  Synte
This is not a fable specific tool but it can be useful while testing and plain just cheating if you like.

Poke is a very small program that can be downloaded here. http://codefromthe70s.org/poke.aspx

There is also a detailed explanation of what the program does but I'll give a short intro. This program scans memory in a game for values.. Lets say for example you have 5 Beer, or 5 anything, you load fable then you start poke and direct poke at fable and ask it to find a DWORD in memory of the value 5, then you go back to fable and drink a beer, then enter the new value of 4 into poke. Rinse wash repeat, by process of elimination it will pinpoint the item you're trying to get a 'lock on', when it does u can name it and change the value in memory. If you change it to 9999 you will now have 9999 beers. I would advise against using extremely high numbers, I'd also advise against using pokes lock feature in fable.

Perhaps you guys already know of this handy program but i hadn't seen anything in these forums about it.

Cheers

-Syn

Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Fable Chest Contents
Next Topic: PPF-O-MATIC
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 00:27:36 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01197 seconds