Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Trick fable into giving the real frying pan with 1 clue using FE?
Trick fable into giving the real frying pan with 1 clue using FE? [message #57048] Fri, 30 April 2010 19:36 Go to previous message
Synte is currently offline  Synte
Hi, I just spent 2 hours or so trying to find a way to trick fable into giving you the real frying pan with just 1 clue. I'm new and would like to learn what it is I am doing wrong.

I was experimenting and had no clue where to start so I starting looking for references to the 2 frying pans.

I went into script.bin > CScriptDef > HiddenBootyTreasureFake and replaced the value with 206169 which is the value found in the next entry for the real frying pan, but apparently it isn't the object ID, those are 5592 and 5593 but are not applicable here.

http://i40.tinypic.com/15p33u8.jpg

Anyways thinking this was enough I started a test hero, got to Orchard farm, dug, found out apparently u need a clue before the pan can be dug up, so I ran over grabbed a clue and dug. No cigar, I got the fake one, 0 damage and no augments.

Next I tried going into game.bin > Objects > OBJECT_FAKE_FRYING_PAN

and clicking its CDefs like the following screen illustrates..

http://i43.tinypic.com/6z5x86.jpg

Notice the red circle, well there are 3 entries there that point to fake frying pan, I tried pointing them all to the real one object 5592 thinking this might trick the game into thinking the fake one is the real one for lack of a better way to describe it, anyhow I tried this separately from my first idea in script.bin and I tried both ideas together and nothing worked. Now I don't know where else to look.

Any thoughts or ideas or lessons for me, please?

Thank you in advance.

-Syn

[Updated on: Fri, 30 April 2010 19:38]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: big problem.
Next Topic: Enable bowerstone north early entry.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 11 13:03:10 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01016 seconds