Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Definitions » Mesh Swap Fix
Mesh Swap Fix [message #57154] Sat, 08 May 2010 01:16 Go to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
This is for use in mesh swaps. This will allow for weapons to be sheathed properly, for effects to be displayed correctly and in the right places, and various other little things that will reduce the problems with mesh swaps.

Screenshots courtesy of dimmy353

How it works:
This fix adds an invisible Hero skeleton to the swapped mesh, adding the Hero's bones and helpers to the new mesh, allowing for sheathing, effects, etc. etc. to work properly. It is technically a clothing item that is worn all the time, as it is put into place via the horns.

Important note:
I had to use the horns because it is the only item that the Hero always wears, but to make this work, I had to make it such that the horns will show when wearing a hat, otherwise the skeleton would be disabled when wearing a helmet and it wouldn't work. This is not a glitch, it's a workaround. It's worth the trade off if you ask me.

Another important note:
You still have to do everything else. Get rid of the expressions swap the animations (in most cases, JoB seems to work out alright since he doesn't have a face), this mod doesn't make it so you don't have to do anything else, it just fixes the problems with a plain mesh swap.

How to use:
First use a crappy mesh swap, then install this mod using FE or CBox. File|Load Fable Mod Package. Save Mods and Run Fable and you're done.

[Updated on: Sun, 09 May 2010 12:42]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Brighter Lamp
Next Topic: Void Strike (divine fury mod)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 14:37:45 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01217 seconds