Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » Impossible Ideas Thread
Re: Impossible Ideas Thread [message #57365 is a reply to message #57363] Fri, 28 May 2010 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Razerbladenightmare wrote on Thu, 27 May 2010 14:24

take fable 41 an enable your character to fly. in fable 41 only however, because the load screens would suck during flight. an only for completely evil or completely good characters, with angel wings or demon wings, respectively. but johndoe, as i have rea your blatant disregar for wings in fable lmao, maybe like an assassin rush like trail behind you, alignment colore respectively, with a superman like animation. it would really add to the whole "do anything" type feel.
Fable 41, heh. Try Fable 53, 41 regions will connect maps that don't connect. But, what about Fable 1? Where all maps are contiguous and even. Remember, for this thread, just forget the word "impossible". Hell of a drain on resources, the initial load up time takes a good while, but worth it for that Morrowind feel of being able to go anywhere in any direction. Wings are not something I disregard just can't do, wings are doable but animations are not and I think that nice flapping animations on some dynamic wings would be pretty cool. Flying, that'd be fun. I think I'd prefer the DBZ flying pose over the Superman flying pose though. Assassin Rush effects when in the air, or the flaming trails of Battle Charge when flying close to the ground, that'd be pretty cool.

charrzarr wrote on Thu, 27 May 2010 17:12

I would add more ability for initial character customization like:
Starting title
Hair color(no alignment change with all options in game)
Eye color(same deal as hair)
Hair/Facial hair style(limited to only a few starter styles but still there)
Multiple Hero Guild(Kind of like different Factions or maybe just multiple bases)
More Weapons
More varied henchmen(more than 4 and more varied appearance)
Alot more that i forgot and yes i know some of this may be done with FE(but not ingame which is what i would like) LOL just realized that i basicly described Oblivion
Hell yea, at the start of the game you get to be a kid that looks like he needs to wear a helmet and ride the short bus. It'd be grand if we had some power to decide who we will be and what we look like at the beginning of the game.

And multiple hero guilds? Like rivals of the same caliber? I'm fresh from playing Jedi Academy so the first thing that comes to my mind would be something along the lines of Jedi vs Sith. Which I think is awesome.

We can do more henchmen though. That's very possible. There's several dark and light textures, and there's small and large torso and head models that can be used. And with retextures that's an infinite amount of possibilities. Still, you're left with only four types of bodyguards though, good weak/strong and dark weak/strong. While these could be tweaked and some independent customizations can be made, including price, there's still the fact that they'll all be male and all have to use the same animations... it'd be nice if we could push through those barriers and get some awesome mercenaries to follow us around rather than guard washouts.
James Butts wrote on Thu, 27 May 2010 18:14

I would make it have:
crazy good graphics.
A few more weapon types and unique weapons and amazingly detailed weapon forge with tons of options.
Better spells.
Better spell system.
Functional seasons.
Huge, lively areas with cities,wildlife, and realistic people.
Ability to effect an individuals life.
More/Better npc interaction.
More items with individual more sufficient effects on all people.
Careers that were more realistic than in fable 2.
Weapons somewhat inbetween crossbows and fable 2 guns.
Tons of wildlife above and below sea level.
Ability to swim and go under water, a bit like oblivions swimming system, but less choppy.
Ability to hunt and decorate your house with the skins and heads and such, as well as other things.
More consequnces for choices.
More important choices.
Your own, fully customizable demention.
Cooler morphs, which you could modify/ turn on and off.
Better, longer storyline.
More dragons.
Ability to fly if you have wings or a certain spell.
Rideable flying creatures.

I think this would be a darn near perfect game.
A weapon forge? For the creation of custom weapons? I like it. Smile
Spells... the spells in Fable look better than their parallels in other games, but they're very limited. In the TES games, spells have an enormous power in that they can be completely customized to have the effects desired. Potions too. And rather than have just a fixed number of types of spells and potions, you an have near-infinite types of spells and potions in the TES games, and have an unlimited number of them (well, limited by system resources).

A lot of people have talked about the atmosphere of Fable being engaging, but it's lacking. Environmental stuff, like seasons, wildlife, the ability to swim, these would be definite pluses. Mounts, oh good god yes, I want to ride my horse into combat.

I don't know if riding things in the air or having more dragons would fit into Fable, but I want to be able to add those things in. I want that capability.
nicomon wrote on Thu, 27 May 2010 22:07

You guys forgot the most important thing: Making it possible to go somewhere other than Albion.
There's a thought. An entirely new set of maps for an entirely different country. A whole new set of creatures, different architecture, different rules and customs, that would be awesome. That is a project I would have loved to do if we could.
nicomon wrote on Thu, 27 May 2010 22:07

charrzarr wrote on Thu, 27 May 2010 15:12

I believe JohnDoe was working on this at one point. He even got the weighting to work.
Lost the files, but redoing it now. I didn't touch the weighting for that project, I was relying on a different way of doing things such that I could leave all the models alone and just mess with the textures, allowing me to retain the quality. He's talking about something else anyway, he's thinking of an initial set up screen that determines what gender you're going to be throughout the game.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon10.gif