Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » Impossible Ideas Thread
Re: Impossible Ideas Thread [message #61262 is a reply to message #61258] Mon, 31 January 2011 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
JohnDoe wrote on Mon, 31 January 2011 05:18

Keshire wrote on Fri, 28 January 2011 07:32

I can see the matrix! I'll get right on that engine Mr. JohnDoe sir. Should be done in a couple hours at most.
That's the reply I was expecting, just not from you. Razz

My own serious here, if you talk about that kind of project and then ask what language the game is in, that's a sign for everyone else to ignore you because you are so far in over your head that... something witty.

Here's a tip for you. Even without knowing anything about the game, without looking at any of the files, without playing it, without knowing anything at all, you know it's C++ because MSVC++ 2005 is packaged with and installed alongside Fable. If language-specific runtimes are packaged with a game, it's going to be in that language.

Keshire wrote on Fri, 28 January 2011 07:32

But on a serious note. If you want to make a fan game go with an homage. Something 2D, maybe top down or isometric. Use an existing open source RPG game maker type engine.
I used to keep tabs on a Zelda fan game project, 2D top-down, was looking pretty awesome. I don't know if it was ever finished or released but it would be a good place to start for something like this, even just as a point of reference.

Aye. And I was working on a 2D MovieBattles game for Nintendo DS. I still have the source code too. I really should finish it.

Saber Collision Test
Force Push Test
Map Test

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message