Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Level Scripting » Mergeing grannys demon door with Homestead (apparently inposoble)
Re: Mergeing grannys demon door with Homestead (and I need help) [message #57468 is a reply to message #57467] Thu, 03 June 2010 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
modder_in_training wrote on Thu, 03 June 2010 15:14

1. How do you change elevation?
Forget it, out of your league. Even if you could change the actual heightmaps (LEV file), you won't be able to change the landscape mesh (LEV file in the STB).

2. How do you add water(there is a small stream in homestead, and I want to make it as acurate as posoble)?
You don't, it's an STB edit. You can change the heightmap (it includes data aside from height) to make the game think that you're walking in water, but you need an STB edit to actually put water there.

3. How do I change the land from gray and rocky to green and full of trees?
STB edit. But if you remove the cave from the level script (TNG file), you'll find that the ground most likely is grassy green. Trees, well... Marcopolo would make a new object in the definitions, then assign one of the tree meshes to it, then just plant it in the TNG scripts like any other object. Problem is that there's no collision, but this can be fixed as well with some know-how.

4. How do I change the enviorment?
Definition edits. You might want to make your own REGION entry, and from there you can just copy information from a different REGION entry and change out which ENVIRONMENT entry you want that region to use. Then just assign those maps to a new region in the WLD and you're set.

5. What objects would you suggest to use?
What?

6. Does anyone have a good photo or vidio of homestead, as I cant seem to find one good enugh, and it is hard makeing something off of memory and

Look, you might want to just try it with the stuff that's already in Fable first.

7. Is this just a project I should abandon, as it is too dificult for someone with as little CODEING experience, forget modding, as I have?
Yes. Not because of a lack of coding experience, no coding is necessary unless you want to build a tool for the STB (this is the part where I laugh myself to death). It's just insanely difficult and not a simple task for someone who needs to ask these questions.

Read Message icon9.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: How do i spawn evil guild apprentices
Next Topic: Barrel won't spawn
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 04:23:19 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01038 seconds