Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Graphics Editing » Help with importing Custom Armor Meshes into Fable Explorer
Re: Help with importing Custom Armor Meshes into Fable Explorer [message #58351 is a reply to message #58350] Wed, 07 July 2010 20:26 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Shingetsu no Kageryu wrote on Wed, 07 July 2010 21:45

and it was sideways....
Stranger wrote on Tue, 06 July 2010 12:28

The Panda plugin is weird, if you start exporting with the right settings, it will work, the mesh will just be on it's side. Solution: Export with wrong settings. Try a variety of different settings on export, make sure to try everything out. After you're done, delete all the exported meshes, change the settings to be right again, then export.
Read it again. And again. And once more for good measure.

On a slitly different topic, I read somewhere that fe dosen't like too many submeshes, anyone have a clue if it would freak if I had 3?
Three is fine. The problem isn't just with FE, it also becomes a hassle as you have to deal with each submesh after import, assigning textures and such. This gets old really fast after the second LOD.

I know that alot of the armors ingame have 2 submeshes, but never saw 3... I was just curious because it would make skinning what I have left to skin into a breaze..
Ideally, it's best to have one. It makes everything easier. The platinum chest piece has three submeshes though, if you're looking for an example.

Read Message icon4.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message