Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Requests » A relativley quick favor
Re: A relativley quick favor [message #60643 is a reply to message #60637] Fri, 10 December 2010 18:32 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Just lettin' you know that your mesh is quite disagreeable. Tried fixing it in notepad, 'cause I'm hardcore like that. No luck. But I did find out a fast way for you to fix it.

The upload you have there came out of 3DS, so I'm hoping you still have the 3DS scene. If so, this will be easy as pie for you. First, delete the skin modifier on the mask. Then make sure the mask is at origin (0,0,0, I'm sure I told you about that before). Then add the skin modifier again, only this time you're going to weight it all to only one bone, Bip01-Head. Export again, add in FE again, problem should be gone.

Oh, one other thing, remember to use the actual Hero skeleton and not the skeleton of clothing or worse, NPCs. Import the MESH_HERO into 3DS, delete the mesh but keep the bones, that's what you'll use instead of the bones that came with your mesh. For the mask, you can get rid of the clavicle, upper arm, forearm, finger, hip, calf, and toe bones, and anything after Bip01-Head, like the chin and brows. This is a better practices thing, the results are better.

[Updated on: Fri, 10 December 2010 18:33]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message