Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Gameplay balance
Re: Gameplay balance [message #60906 is a reply to message #60874] Wed, 22 December 2010 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Lots of ideas, good. Smile

Mayki wrote on Tue, 21 December 2010 09:29

What about making it so the pricing isn't based on current stock,
but instead on stock + quantity the shop will be purchasing,
or just purchase quantity,
that way you can't use the same items to become a millionaire,
instead you'd be forced to buy from multiple shops to sell to one,
or maybe limit how much the shops want,
so they won't buy 100 wedding rings from you,
they'll only purchase a set amount so as to not overstock.
I can kill the shop exploit, but not the way you're talking about, there's just no way I'll be able to set that up.

asmcint wrote on Tue, 21 December 2010 12:06

I have an idea for adding balance myself. Make enemy npc attacks(except for bosses and undead)slower to make it easier to be a decent swordsman. Also it would be nice if your character didn't start out with 1h combat animations like that of a master. Seriously, he wields those things gracefully as a CHILD! Would it be possible to make new weapon classes specifically designed so that you have newbie, novice, intermediate, and master swordsmanship styles? I think that might help balance out fable some.
That's mostly animation stuff, and sadly there's hardly anything that can be done with that.

Scythe of Blades wrote on Wed, 22 December 2010 10:08

And not much could be done about it anyway, except for editing the animations so you attack like a zombie or something. But there would be no way to change the animations back to normal based on renown, experience or alignment. In short it's not possible.
That's exactly right, with a few exceptions. The Hero uses different running animations after the arena quest. They're exactly the same as the old animations, but something in the game makes the switch. As far as I can tell, that's the only time this happens. There's also that one augment type that causes changes in the Hero's attack style, I can't really explain that one either.

asmcint wrote on Wed, 22 December 2010 13:22

Could you do new weapon classes with novice, intermediate, and master combat styles? Master combat ones being 10000 gold just for steel, and novice being standard price for current weapons.
EDIT:And to james butts, he has that uber masterful combat style even being a little kid with his stick.
No. I am limited to what I can work with. There's nothing in place that would allow that. Weapons and items don't change combat style.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message