Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Level Scripting » Albion World question
Re: Albion World question [message #60814 is a reply to message #60813] Mon, 20 December 2010 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Region merging. A long time ago I took the liberty of merging all the landmasses in Fable and put it in my TNG Editor's Set. There are quite a few problems with this though, a brief and incomplete list of the few issues I can think of:
  • The largest region has... I forget how many maps but it's a lot, it's the whole stretch from Twinblade's tent to the graveyard circle, and it takes forever to get from one side to the other.
  • Because all the maps are consolidated, and because you only get one REGION entry for each region, you impose one set of region definitions on entire landmasses.
  • NPCs can't follow you between all the regions. This has to do with how the navdata is set up, and we can't edit the navdata, so...
  • It sucks up way too much memory if you don't clear out all the maps. You'd be running several villages at once, and that consumes a lot of resources.
  • Quests are borked. Most quests and cutscenes are set to trigger at a certain place in a region at a certain time. With consolidated regions, most of those regions don't exist anymore, and that breaks quests.

If you're not interested in my 'already did it for you' set and want to merge the regions yourself because you're weird and crazy, open up the FinalAlbion.wld (mind the file extensions) with notepad, scroll down where the regions are defined. How it works: each region has a series of ContainsMap lines that tell Fable which maps go in which regions. Edit these as you please, just make sure that the end result has each map called once and only once in all the regions. Then edit userst.ini, change UseCompiledWorldFiles to FALSE.

Edit: Or do what OldBoy said, everyone appreciates a guy who can search.

[Updated on: Mon, 20 December 2010 00:31]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message