Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Horns & Halo at the same time?
Re: Horns & Halo at the same time? [message #61993 is a reply to message #61990] Wed, 30 March 2011 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Balthazzar wrote on Wed, 30 March 2011 03:03

Okay thanks JohnDoe, so do you know if the CAppearanceDef models are editable for the set morphs?
That's CAppearanceModifierDef, a mixup on my end, apologies. And of course they're editable, in all respects. I'm not sure if you mean trade them out with different ones, add/remove which meshes appear, or actually do some modeling edits to the mesh but all of these are possible.

Could you just take for example the file for the large horns, rename it to the file for the small horns and then overwrite the small horns so that you would have large horns between 0.3 and 0.5 (for example)?
Oh. Well I guess you could do something like that but you don't really need to because you can just change which mesh appears for which values. For example, rather than copying the large horns over the small horns, you could get rid of the small and medium horns in the CAppearanceModifierDef and have the horns appear at 0.0 to 1.1.

Are the morph files in an editable format, or do you know of a blender plugin that enables them to be edited. Off course this is all assuming that the models are accessible.
The models are accessible but you're making this more complicated than it has to be. What you want to do can be done in the definitions, in the horns' CAppearanceModifierDef. You don't have to touch the meshes at all.

[Updated on: Wed, 30 March 2011 02:39]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message