Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tools Discussion » a simple request for the explorers
Re: a simple request for the explorers [message #61001 is a reply to message #60998] Thu, 30 December 2010 19:49 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
I don't imagine I'll be able to get away from this as I had hoped.
MastaK wrote on Thu, 30 December 2010 17:22

what do you mean no / does it mean u don't understand or no it can't be done what i am saying is in the file then load fable mod package there would be a checkbox beside the mod I meant
I mean no. All an explanation is going to do is waste my time, it's not going to change the answer. But you'll just send me another PM and because I hate PMs with stupid questions, I may as well just waste my time now instead of later.

The developers that worked on FableExplorer (Hunter/TodX) and AlbionExplorer (Baystone) are both inactive and retired from working with Fable: TLC. They're not going to do anything with those tools anymore. A more likely scenario is that Baystone updates ChocolateBox or releases the source to someone who will, or Silverback or someone else takes the FableExplorer source and updates that tool. And even though that would be more likely, it's still incredibly unlikely. You'll sooner see a solar eclipse two days in a row.

Even if it were not so, what you're talking about isn't reasonably feasible or even realistically possible. What you're talking about would require a system that would allow us to place something like our FMPs into an override folder or something and Fable would read it and instead of reading the original entries, it would read the edited ones instead, and a frontend like what you're talking about could enable/disable which FMPs are loaded. It would require a proper override system and Fable doesn't have that. Our tools directly edit the game archives. Fable isn't Oblivion.

So again, no.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message