Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Adding new content without replacing - how much?
Re: Adding new content without replacing - how much? [message #63202 is a reply to message #62944] Wed, 01 June 2011 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Alright. We can't do quests, spells, cutscenes or levels. Those are edit-only. And even with that, there are some limitations.

We can add new items, creatures, textures, meshes, effects and other stuff that I can't think of right now to our heart's content. There is an issue though, conflicts with effects, CAppearanceDef (animation) entries, collision meshes, and certain game.bin entries that make use of names.bin links. Because these things hold variable values in a way that FE/CBox can't automatically adjust when loading an FMP, we have to be careful and clever in how we do use them.

For example, I won't use new textures for a custom effect because the texture ID in the effect won't match up with the ID of the new texture unless the person using the FMP has the exact same mods loaded as I do. And with entries that link to names.bin offsets as opposed to enums, I will only use values that already exist because the offset will be different for the person using it. I wish I could think of a more detailed example for that one but I can't remember one offhand. Other than that I can't think of anything we can't add more of in the game.

Music, well, you can add music but it's such that it would be easier to just replace it, same result really. I can't remember where the value is held but the OGG file names are listed in the names.bin so they're being called somewhere in the game.bin.

Read Message icon5.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Ultra low graphics for Fable TLC.
Next Topic: Fable Mods for Mac?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 18 01:20:32 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00603 seconds