Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Requests » HERO MODEL REQUEST!!!!
Re: HERO MODEL REQUEST!!!! [message #64351 is a reply to message #64332] Mon, 15 August 2011 16:23 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Alright, I'll tell you like this.

The adult Hero mesh is split up into several intricate parts. front and back torso, legs, hands, head, etc. and so on.

When you put on a clothing item in the game, let's say trousers for this instance, the game uses clipping prevention to make parts of the adult Hero mesh disappear so that it won't clip with the clothing. For trousers, it will be hips, thighs, calves.

But the child mesh is split up into very basic parts like most NPCs. Head, torso, arms, legs, and that's it. So in clipping prevention, it gets rid of nothing. But let's say that it was made to get rid of the legs, put on pants and his feet are invisible.

You want to just screw the kid's head onto the adult's body. That's alright, as the two meshes are actually identical in proportions and similar in design. Though it would require adjustments, and because it means exporting the two meshes to DirectX format, some data is lost in translation, some other data gets screwed up. So, what this means is that a complete and proper overhaul of the Frankenstein mesh is required. This means texture mapping and skinweighting/rigging. And that means a lot of time and effort. Just so that the kid can wear other clothing.

So I go back to what I said earlier - the entire mesh has to be redone, and that's too much effort for anyone to care to do it.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message