Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Unknown Crash Cause for Weapon
Unknown Crash Cause for Weapon [message #65034] Mon, 24 October 2011 07:30 Go to previous message
Linkxp500 is currently offline  Linkxp500
Yeah, so I've been trying to put the Nayru's Love bow in-game (after I created a new variant, of course). The problem is, I keep crashing when after opening the chest I spawned it in, and after taking the rest of the weapons in the chest, when the bow comes up, it crashes. I've been looking for the cause, from the CAugmentationDef configuration, to CWeaponDef, to everything else I created a new entry for the object.

I do remember editing an entry I created for the bow, but since I won't have access to the desktop for a while, I figured I'd ask this: "Could the edited TEXT_OBJECT_BOW_NAYRUS_LOVE (changed to TEXT_OBJECT_BOW_NAYRUS_LOVE_TITLE) for the bow have created a new entry or changed the numbered ID (Example: 15049 to 15071) after being edited? If so, could that cause the bow to crash the game if the original text title for the bow (TEXT_OBJECT_BOW_NAYRUS_LOVE) is referenced as TEXT_OBJECT_BOW_NAYRUS_LOVE_TITLE?

Something like this is what I mean, if it makes it easier:

-> Original
FileID: TEXT_OBJECT_BOW_NAYRUS_LOVE
Numbered ID: 15049
ReferencedID: TEXT_OBJECT_BOW_NAYRUS_LOVE_TITLE
Content:Nayru's Love

-> Edited
FileID: TEXT_OBJECT_BOW_NAYRUS_LOVE_TITLE (does this turn into a new entry?)
Numbered ID: (does this change after an edit?)
ReferenceID: TEXT_OBJECT_BOW_NAYRUS_LOVE_TITLE
Content: Nayru's Love

If you need me to explain it differently, let me know so I can give you a more accurate situation with pics when I get back to my desktop.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found my answer, but it still doesn't solve my crash problem. I will keep looking for the cause, and if I've any other questions, I will update this post.

EDIT #2: Okay, next question. I think the problem was in the CDefAugmentations, where I believe that the 1st unknown in each box of the Augmentations should go from 1 to 2 to 4 to 8 to 16 to 32 etc., but when editing, I noticed that the unknown in the box between 8 and 16 is 12. Is this supposed to be this way? Or is it a possible cause of the crash?

Do or do not, there is no try. -Yoda, from Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

http://gamercards.playfire.com/_/xbox/634307/0/default.pngXbox Gamercards

[Updated on: Mon, 24 October 2011 11:02]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Fable: The Uchiha Chronicles [discussion]
Next Topic: Question