Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tools Discussion » Fable Explorer on Windows 7
Re: Fable Explorer on Windows 7 [message #65482 is a reply to message #65470] Thu, 22 December 2011 21:48 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
InternetSavior is currently offline  InternetSavior
I have your answer. In fact, I have the answer to a question that's probably been plaguing many people regarding this error. I don't know if you're using the Steam version of Fable or not, but I received the same error when attempting to use the explorers and I have the Steam version. The problem is this:

The explorers are set by default to look for your Fable game files in a certain place. There is no configuration file with the regular Fable Explorer to change this. However, there is one with the Shadownet version available on the forum here. In the config file for the explorer (config.xml), change the following lines of code:

<useregistry>TRUE</useregistry>

Change this to FALSE.

<InstallDirectory>Longfilepathhere</InstallDirectory>

Replace this with the location of your Fable game files. For me, this was C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\fable the lost chapters\

And BOOM! It runs. Don't worry about fiddling with the registry path. I did initially only to find that even the Steam version creates the same registry path entry as the non-Steam version under Microsoft\\Microsoft Games

Now I haven't actually modded anything into the game with the explorer, but everything loads up fine. I'll update once I've popped something into the game successfully.

UPDATE: Just used the ShadowNet version to remove all my scars and it worked!

[Updated on: Thu, 22 December 2011 22:17]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: FreeRoam error
Next Topic: Could I use a game pad for Fable TLC on PC?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:30:15 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01182 seconds