Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Work In Progress » Fable: TLC Anniversary [UPDATED July 12th]  () 4 Votes
Fable: TLC Anniversary [UPDATED July 12th] [message #66423] Sat, 21 April 2012 05:50 Go to previous message
OogaBoogaBooga

New Name![ 48 votes ]
1. "Fable: TLC Remastered" 18 / 38%
2. Keep it as "Fable: TLC Anniversary" 30 / 63%
3. Other (please specify in a reply) 0 / 0%

Fable: TLC Anniversary
Fable has been around for almost seven years now. On Fable's seventh anniversary of this year, I will release my remastered version of the game. You'll see much better graphics, music, and videos. This is a very large change to the game that changes... well... everything. Every object, cloud, blade of grass, and even smoke- will look more modern and beautiful. Fable: Anniversary is a new world, inside the same one you already know (cheesy, but it's a good way to describe it).
Splash image:
index.php?t=getfile&id=10633&private=0

Lots of progress has been made since the last screenshot.
Before you freak out on me and ask "Why the hell does it look so BLOTCHY"... let me explain Razz
Me and a very good (and thankfully way smarter than me) friend of mine have spent about a month breaking down a program called Open Sauce. We've adapted the program to modify Fable: TLC. It's.. tough. To say the least. I'm having troubles improving the lighting. Basically, to keep it in simple words... I'm having a hard time getting the light to stick to surfaces right and everything looks like this Razz. Next previews will be coming in a few weeks and by then it SHOULD be resolved. Been working hard, can't wait to show it off Very Happy
Right click on the image in the spoiler and select "View Image" to see it better. It's pretty big.

Screenshots really don't do much justice, either. My computer isn't quite the fastest one out there. Most of you will get way more out of it.

Please, any feedback is great. Your opinion is needed! Very Happy

Also, beta testers (five, to be exact) would be highly appreciated. A beta will be ready around August.

Details on how I've done what I've done will be revealed after release Very Happy
OPEN SAUCE DEMONSTRATION: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zL-xWbwbq14 Open Sauce is a program made to modify Halo: Custom Edition on PC. Re-writing it to modify Fable is freaking HARD. I applaud Sean for being able to do it, thanks to him, this is all possible!

UPDATE, JUNE 18::

Got some sad-ish news. [No, it's not cancelled. Don't freak out.] Due to some difficulties, setbacks, a funeral, and several distractions, Fable: TLC Anniversary will be pushed back one month (POSSIBLY two), making the new release date in October. Which most likely means the beta won't be ready until September. This ALSO means the name probably won't be "Fable: Anniversary", it will more than likely be "Fable: Remastered".
Bottom line, there's simply not enough time for me to have it finished by September.

Don't be upset though! This all means you'll see THAT much more production value. AND, to make up for it, I've uploaded a little sample of the new soundtrack. We have the full song recorded but what I've uploaded is just a little concept "taste" of what kind of new sounds you can expect Cool (mind the hiccups in the sound. That was just a mistake we made recording it)

We'll also have a website for the mod after the release. Because there WILL be regular updates.

Thanks for all the support and feedback, again. I know many are looking forward to this, and I know some are a little skeptical about it. But trust me, lots of work and love being put into this ^^
Soundtrack Samples:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vl4kNIk2iBA
AND
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIwxTnB_LTM&feature=chann el&list=UL
AAAND
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awvVDVhEgYU
More songs from the soundtrack are going to be uploaded on that channel so watch out. Also some gameplay shots will be added sometime before release.
Thanks a million to Over The Top Music for writing a soundtrack for this and being a big part of the project!

Fable: Genesis
Yes, in progress. This will be released shortly after Anniversary as an optional expansion on gameplay.
Fable: Genesis adds a very in-dept back story about where heroes first originated and how they came to be as legendary as they are. There are "new" (not new... hard to explain) cutscenes, new voice acting, new music (it's original Very Happy), new weapons, armor, smarter enemies and tougher monsters, and looooong yet epic boss battles. Bosses have been spiced up and given steroids. Expect even the Hornet Queen battle to be three times harder.
The whole point of this mod will be to expand on the story and make the game feel much harder and fast paced.

UPDATE:: July 12th
Good news this time!
Lots of screenshots (and MAYBE gameplay videos) coming mid-August! Beta will be released in late September and will last about two or three weeks. Then the full release will be out in late October or early November.
My progress in development right now is mainly focused on sound. Almost all the textures are done and the lighting system is...pretty, to say the least. But it's not quite stable and still buggy. I'm not 100% Positive it will be incorporated in the release.
Also, I'm planning on changing the name. Since the release will no longer be on Fable's 7th anniversary. I've started a poll...please vote!
Thanks for all the support guys! You won't be disappointed!

Fable: TLC Remastered.... http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=9185& ; ; ;start=0&... October, 2012 :D

[Updated on: Thu, 02 August 2012 18:02]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message